Overnight oats with coconut milk are the perfect breakfast meal prep. Combining oats with coconut milk, maple syrup, and organic cacao to keep your body fueled until lunch. Continuing with my Health is Wealth series, what better than super easy overnight oats that also benefit our mental focus and increase our energy?
Why you will love this recipe
Overnight oats are great because they can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can eat overnight oats cold, you can heat them up in the microwave, and you can even add different toppings to change the flavors. The process of letting the oats sit in the liquid overnight keeps you from having to “cook” the oats in the morning. These are a perfectly healthy option for busy moms on the go or just anyone looking to simplify their morning routine.
- For these oats, I used Earth Echo Foods Cacao Bliss Superfood Elixir Blend. Earth Echos Cacao Bliss contains: Organic Raw Cacao: one of the most powerful antioxidants, cacao, promotes, healthier-looking skin, increases your energy levels, and curbs everyday cravings, Tumeric: turmeric may help support, joint health, boost, immunity, and help with temporary inflammation, MCT Oil: the fatty acids in MCT oil, support, the brain, and health, boost, mental and physical energy, and can assist in weight loss when used in conjunction with diet and exercise, Lucuma: The nutrients in lucuma act as antioxidants to protect your cells, 4 Superfoods: organic cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, mesquite, and black pepper fruit are powerful Superfood ingredients that support overall wellness! (For 15% off Earth Echo Cacao Bliss use code: Golden).
- Old fashioned oats
- Chia seeds
- Dairy-free yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Almond milk unsweetened
- First, in a medium bowl, add all the ingredients: Oats, Cacao, Yogurt, Milk, Chia seeds, Chocolate chips and Maple syrup.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, mix well. Once combined, divide evenly into jars. If you would like to add peanut butter, I recommend placing a teaspoon of peanut butter halfway in the jar and on top.
- Place a lid or plastic wrap on the jars and refrigerate for six hours or overnight. Maintains for up to four days in the refrigerator.
What kind of oats are best for overnight oats?
I find that old-fashioned rolled oats are the best type of oats to use for overnight oats. If you have a gluten allergy, it is best to make sure you get certified gluten-free oats as well. The old-fashioned oats will soften quicker but still maintain a lot of their texture so that the overnight oats don’t get too mushy. If you use instant oats, you will have a mushier texture. If all you have is steel-cut oats, they will require a longer soak time and more liquid.
How long should I let my overnight oats set?
I typically recommend that oats sit in the liquid in the refrigerator for at least six hours or overnight. If you are in a rush, you can enjoy them in about four hours.
How long can I store the overnight oats in the refrigerator?
Overnight oats will maintain their freshness in the refrigerator for up to four days. I wouldn’t recommend leaving them any longer than that.
What if I don’t like Chia seeds?
If you do not like Chia seeds, you can simply replace them with hemp seeds or flax seeds and you have a delicious recipe of overnight seeds without chia seeds. Alternatively, you can do without altogether.
Can I use regular milk for these overnight oats?
Absolutely, you can use the regular milk for these overnight oats if dairy is not an issue for you.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! I would love to hear back from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Pinterest, Tiktok, and Facebook for more delicious recipes!
Overnight oats with cocnut
Optional: peanut butter for the center and top
- ⅓ cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Optional: Peanut butter for the center and top
- First, in a medium bowl, add all ingredients (Oats, Cacao, Yogurt, Milk, Chia seeds, Chocolate chips and Maple syrup
- Then, using a rubber spatula, mix well.
- Once combined, divide evenly into jars. If you would like to add peanut butter, I recommend placing a teaspoon of peanut butter halfway in the jar and on top.
- Place a lid or plastic wrap on the jars and refrigerate for six hours or overnight.
- Maintains for up to four days in the refrigerator.