Looking for a cocktail this Valentine's Day? Or any day, really? Just add strawberry vanilla simple syrup, tequila, and Cointreau for this strawberry margarita. Top it with conversation hearts for Valentines or galantines. This also makes a great beverage year-round.
Of course, the typical Valentines go-to beverage is champagne and strawberries, but what fun is that?! Your partner or girlfriends will fall in love at first sight of this fun, yet gorgeous cocktail.
One of the things I love about this strawberry vanilla cocktail is that it's easy to control the level of sweetness just by adjusting the amount of simple syrup you use. Or the level of alcohol, just by adding more tequila.
- strawberry vanilla simple syrup Link to Recipe
- Salt or sugar for rim
See recipe card for quantities.
- Strawberry Vanilla Simple Syrup- flavored simple syrup can be custom catered to your likes or even for the particular time of year or event its being served at.
- Sprite - try substituting with soda water or LaCroix for, at least, a bit less processed sugar
- Kid friendly - this recipe makes a terrific mocktail and can be enjoyed by all.
For the ice cubes in the strawberry margarita, I use a silicone mold and make small hearts filled with diced strawberries. Simply place the diced strawberries into the hearts, fill with water and freeze. You can find the heart molds here: https://amzn.to/3I2fLCX
Be sure to top the strawberry vanilla cocktail with conversation hearts. Because they make everything a little bit more fun.
Absolutely!! Swap out tequila for sprite or soda water!
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Strawberry Vanilla Margarita
- 3 ½ oz strawberry vanilla simple syrup
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- Sprite amount is up to you.
- Splash of lime
- Salt or sugar for rim optional
- In a beverage shaker, add ice. I used regular ice for this, and placed the cute heart ice into the serving glass.
- Add your strawberry vanilla simple syrup, tequila, Cointreau, and splash of lime.
- Shake well.
- Pour mixture into glass.
- Top with sprite and additional sliced strawberries.
- Makes 1 large cocktail or 2 small cocktails.
Strawberry Vanilla Simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan including vanilla bean seeds.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Boil for 10 – 12 minutes stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let it boil over. Syrup will begin to turn a dark pink/red in color.
- Place a mesh strainer over a measuring cup.
- Pour syrup into mesh strainer. This will keep the strawberries from going into the measuring cup.